Guest Blogger, Inga Batur writes about a recent trip to Wales. This is the second time Inga, who lives in Slovenia, has written for us. Hopefully you'll see her around her some more too.
We recently went to Wales. It was an important trip for us. We’d not long become parents again, so this was our first trip overseas with two children. Wales was the perfect destination. There was something for everyone in our family, without the hassle of the tourist hoards.
Here are our top five picks for Northern Wales:
1) Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza: In 2013 it will be held from 4th till 6th of May. A fun event for the whole family.
2) Castles: Caernarfon castle or the magnificent Conwy castle were our favourites.
3) Snowdonia National Park: Breathtaking waterfalls, the highest mountain in England and Wales, the largest natural lake in Wales, and the beautiful small town of Betws y Coed. Don’t miss this wonderful national park.
4) Greenwood Forrest Park: Full of great attractions tucked in woods. According to their website they won the Best Family Attraction award with The North Wales Chronicle for the second year running.
5) Welsh Mountain Zoo: One of the smaller zoos that we visited, but still very nice with great views of the surrounding area.