By Emily O’Neill from Soul Villas
A very popular destination for families is Seminyak and surrounding villages. Seminyak is more upmarket than Kuta and Legian and not as hectic. It also offers some great family-friendly options.
Here are a few of our favourites:
· Ku De Ta offer a family day on Sunday mornings from 9.30am through to 12pm. Kids swim in the pool, use the jumping castle and make the most of the free arts and craft activities on offer. The menu includes a kids breakfast and is also a great place for parents to enjoy a coffee. You can also hire boogie boards from the beach out front and use their showers to rinse off.
· Potato Head is a beachfront venue in Petitenget with three restaurant zones within its walls as well as a large swimming pool for guests to splash and lounge. Great for families as a large lawn area is central and kids can run free.
· Lollipops Playland is located on Sunset Road near the corner of Jalan Kunti *Bali Deli Street). This is an indoor play centre with jungle gym, inflatable slides, trampolines, ball pits, obstacle courses and also a wet water splash zone. It’s suitable for children up to 12-years, and cost approximately $10 per person for unlimited playtime. All children must wear socks. If you don’t bring your own you can purchase them there.
· Cubbyhouse Kids Club is also an indoor play centre, but here you leave the children in the care of Cubbyhouse staff. They do not allow parents or babysitters to stay and play. The modern facility is fantastic with focus on computer games, movies, art & craft activities and games. The cost is approximately $10 for two hours of care. Appropriate for children 2-14 years. This is located on Jalan Petitenget within the Semara resort (near to Potato Head Entrance).
· El Parque is a new kids playground and café. It has a climbing/swings area, shallow splash pool, sand play & toy corner with giant chalkboard. Great for kids under 10. The café is relaxed and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the afternoons activities are offered and you can leave your children to be supervised for around $7 each for an hour or two. Located behind Jalan Oberoi (down the side street at Ultimo restaurant) on a back road shared with Nunia Villas.
SEMINYAK SHOPPING FOR KIDS
· Clara Mia (Seminyak): Sweet Frenchie chic for the mini fashionistas.
· Coco & Ginger (Available at Cornerstore Seminyak & Carga Petitenget): Beautiful, colourful, girlie and bohemian.
· Dandelion (Seminyak & Ubud): Fresh, classy, simple and stylish threads for little boys, girls and bubbas too.
· Indigo Kids (Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Nusa Dua): For nearly 20 years, babies, little boys and girls have been decked out in the wearable and on-trend Bali based Indigo Kids brand
· Jellyfish Kidz (Seminyak): Fun and funky outfits for the little princess – colour, sequins, embroidery and tutu’s.
· Kidsagogo (Seminyak): Crisp and colourful stylish resort wear, accessories and toys using great colours, fabrics and prints.
Check out Bali Soul Villa’s website for more tips and great accommodation offers.