Escape the Sydney heat and take the kids to one of these cool places:
- Spend a day in the air-conditioned comfort of one of the city’s fantastic museums. Two of our favourites are the Powerhouse Museum and the Maritime Museum, both at Darling Harbour. Oh, did I mention that they’re air-conditioned?
- Take an indoor dip at Cook + Phillip Park Aquatic Centre in the city, or Sydney Olympic Park at Homebush.
- Did you know that Bunnings holds weekend workshops for kids? They get to make toolboxes, toy trucks and other projects, all for free. Book ahead, places are limited.
- Complaining how hot the sun is? Check it out through a safe solar telescope at the Sydney Observatory. Drop by from 10-5pm daily… no booking required.
- Find a shaded park and ride out the heat under a tree. Nielson Park in Vaucluse is a perfect picnic spot of a sweltering day.