When travelling with children, pack toys that are small and versatile. Put each one in its own sealable freezer bag, for easy access—you won’t have to search your luggage for each piece of Lego.
Here are 10 top ideas that take up very little space in your bag:
1. Lego, but don’t take too much because you will be constantly bending to pick it up.
2. Playing cards or flashcards.
3. Some farm animals or plastic dinosaurs.
4. Colouring in books and crayons.
5. Felt boards.
6. Matchbox cars.
7. Books, digital books and talking books.
8. A little doctor’s kit.
9. Paper dolls, and small plastic dolls.
10. A magnetic writing board. In my opinion this is a MUST for every parent. I bought a small one for $2. My son used it on planes, trains, cars and standing in queues all over the world.